Hi everyone, OK so I’ve just released a SuperStrict compatible version of my awesome BlitzMax Game Framework on my forum due to popular demand. You can find it here in the Framework Downloads forum if you are a registered customer:
You can find out more details about my framework and download a demo in this thread.
There are loads of changes in this release but I don’t have time to list them all right now, so here are the main ones:
- It’s now SuperStrict compatible!
- TButton now supports a TImageFont or TBitmapFont caption! Very useful for localising button captions instead of having to generate graphics for each one.
- TSprite and TParticle enhancements.
- TKeyRepeat and TMouseRepeat added and TListBox uses them.
- TImageBank, TSoundBank and TGameText now use TMap instead of TList for speed.
- Lots of tweaks and some bugs fixes to CommonTypes.
- Slow motion/speed up ability added to TFixedRateLogic.
- TBitmapFont data files now no longer need to be edited before use.
- Few CommonCode tweaks and new functions.
- Moved examples from AOTMG into a special Examples folder.
- Updated BasicSetup.bmx to use AOTMG graphics so that it can be compiled straight away.
- Bug fix in AOTMG TPlayer.Die().
- Possible Fix to “No Sound on Mac” issue.
- Mac Shared Data path fix.
btw, my new game is due out in November and will be using this framework, so keep an eye out for it. It will hopefully be another top 10 hit.