I am an experienced speaker who talks enthusiastically about game design, motivation/positive thinking, and being an Indie developer. If you would like me to speak at your venue, then please contact me.
My speaking credentials include:
- Panel member at EGX 2015 – “Surviving as an Indie Dev: Tales from the Frontline”
- Co-organiser of Indie Game Conference 2015 (March 5th/6th), in London.
- Speaker at The 1st London Game Space Pecha Kucha Style Night in April 2014 and at #IGC15: Speech Title: “The Long Tail of Indie Games”
- Speaker at ExPlay, Bath, UK in November 2013. Speech Title: “How To Survive as a One Person Studio”
- Speaker at Develop, Brighton, UK in July 2013. Speech title: “The Epic Long Tail of Indie Games”
- Indie panel member at Vancouver Game Design Expo 2012.
- Panel Member at PAX Dev 2011. Panel title: “From the Cubicle to the Basement: Corporate Devs Go Indie”
- Panel Member at Casual Connect in Seattle in July 2011. Panel title: “DIY: Indie Game Dev from Napkin to Profitability”
- Panel member at PAX on a topic about how to be an Indie developer, in September 2009.
- Presented “Going Indie” at the Vancouver Game Design Expo, in January 2011.
- Co-presented “10 Secrets to Designing Instantly Addictive and Enjoyable Games” at the Vancouver Game Design Expo, in February 2009.
- Panel member at Indie 3, at the Art Institute of Vancouver about being Indie, in March 2011.
- Panel member at Indie 3, at the Art Institute of Vancouver on a topic about the future of Indie games, in December 2010.
- Panel member at Digital Kung Fu 2 on a topic about being an Indie developer, in May 2010.
- Presentation called “The Long Tail of Indie Games” at Best of British indie meetup, in June 2013.
- Presentation called “Spring Bonus postmortem” at Full Indie meetup, in July 2012.
- Presentation called “Holiday Bonus postmortem” at Full Indie meetup, in December 2011.
- Demoed Spring Bonus game at the April 2011 Full Indie meetup and Metal Spawn at the June 2011 meetup.
- Presentation called “The Six Steps to Massive Success” at Vancouver Indie Game Developer Summer Meetup, in July 2010.
- Presentation called “Jumping on the Casual Game Bandwagon” at Van Dev meetup, in May 2009.
- Teaching Aikido to adults and children for 9+ years.
- Presentation called “Tips for Going Indie” for UBC students in February 2012.
- Gave feedback to VFS students about their game pitches in December 2011 and February 2012.
- Dragon in a Dragon’s Den for student digital media pitches at GNWC in December 2011.
- Workshop called “Defining Fun in Games” for Game Design students at Vancouver Film School, in October 2009.
- Judge for Global Game Jam 2010 in Vancouver, and also for a game jam at Great Northern Way Campus in 2009.
- Presentation called “From Small Time to Big Fish” for Masters of Digital Media students at Great Northern Way Campus, in October 2009.
- Presentation called “From Small Time to Big Fish” for Game Design students at Vancouver Film School, in September 2009.
Other speaking experience
- Co-founder of Full Indie and chair at multiple Full Indie Meetups (for Vancouver indie game developers) from May 2010 to August 2012 .
- Chief of Best of British (later Full Indie UK) indie games group from February 2013.
- Vancouver Film School Advisory Board Member for the Game Design Program.
- Organized and hosted a 48-hour Full Indie game jam at GNWC in Vancouver in June 2011.
- Past member of Toastmasters International.
- Business Software sales presentations for Merlio Developments Ltd. spanning 6 years.
- Introduced people to multiple public screenings of a motivational movie in the UK.