Just a quick update on progress made over the weekend:
- I contacted the game jam artist, Ola Rogula, owner of dolldivine.com, to see if she wanted to help out with some new art for the game and she has agreed. Yay!
- I’ve also contacted a musician who I’ve worked with before to see if he’s interested in making music for the game and am awaiting a reply.
- I created a Label class and made my existing Button class support it. This was so I could add a version number to title screen.
- A while ago I added a mute all (music/sound) toggle via the M key and I’ve now properly tested it.
- Set the music volume to 60% to ensure you can hear in-game sound effects.
- I changed title music which was placeholder. This new one is placeholder too though, but it goes better with the other new placeholder music I have chosen.
- Added placeholder in-game music which keeps going through all the levels and game complete music. I made all this stuff in Fruity Loops about 5 years ago. Got tons more like it.
- Made sure all music mp3s loop with no gap in Flash. I use this thing to make it work.
Also I spent lots of time this weekend investigating all the iOS devices out there and which ones I plan to support for future games. I made a blog post about it which you can read here.
I’ve uploaded the new version here. Have a listen to the music.
That’s it for now.